The focus of this role is to assist the Controller with Liberty Health Sciences day-to-day financial
tasks. Accounting Clerk responsibilities include reviewing and reconciling accounts, processing payments to external partners and maintaining updated records of invoices and receipts. To be successful in this role, you should have a Finance or Accounting background and be familiar with bookkeeping.
The person in this role needs to have strong organizational skills, follows direction well,must be good with numbers, have above average computer skills, and be an adaptable team player.
- Maintain historical records by filing documents.
- Manage obligations to suppliers, customers and third-party vendors.
- Process bank deposits.
- Reconcile financial statements.
- Prepare, send and store invoices.
- Identify and address discrepancies.
- Report on the status of accounts payable and receivable.
- Setup various services for Dispensary and filing with multiple municipalities.
- Update internal accounting databases and spreadsheets.
- Secures and analyzes quotations, negotiates prices and terms with suppliers, and recommends suppliers with respect to cost, quality and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities.
- Create and support the company’s Indirect Procurement activities.
- Responsible for the non-production purchasing program.
- Maintains accurate inventories.
- Bookkeeping: 2- 3 years (Required).
- Administrative Assistant degree in Finance, Accounting or relevant field: 2 years (Required).
- Must be able to pass a Level 2 Background (FBI).
- Proven work experience as an Accounting or Finance Clerk/Assistant, or High Level Data Administrator, or similar work experience.
- Good knowledge of bookkeeping procedures and debt collection regulations
- Hands-on experience with accounting software.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel skills using financial formulas and creating spreadsheets.
- Solid data entry skills with an ability to identify numerical errors.
- Good organizational and time-management abilities.
- Must be responsible and self-managed.
- Customer Service experience.
- Must have excellent follow-up and tracking skills.
- Demonstrate accuracy and strong attention to detail, well organized with multi-tasking abilities.
- Independent worker able to plan and prioritize workflow.
Medical, Vision, and Dental benefits offered after 60 days on the first of the month.